Thursday 25 April 2013

But is it a job?

This past year I've had a booth at an Antiques Mall in a nearby town.  I choose the place because it is touristy and thought it would be a good choice with the kinds of things I sell.  It has not been a profitable year.  The rent was high, they take a commission and my best customers have been other dealers that get a discount.  So I gave my notice a month ago.  It was a bit disappointing.  I was really hoping that it would be a success.  However limited it may be.  But financially it was not.  In the next couple of weeks I plan on putting money down to secure another much less expensive space, in another little town.  I really like the buying and selling, I really like hunting and finding cool old stuff.  Then researching it, finding out all about it, or sometimes not finding any info on it! I wanted to start this blog in order to connect with other like minded buyers and sellers. 
So, that's my introduction of sorts!

I found this wooden doll, stamped "made in USSR", I haven't seen one quite like it before.  It opens up and I'm not sure if she originally was a stacking doll, or what she was used for.  Really love her face and painted designs.

 
Have linked up with: Sir Thift A Lot! http://sirthriftalot.blogspot.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment